HAPPY NEW YEAR! HERE’S TO 2017, WAHOOO!
Okay, enough with the corny! Let’s get into what I’m reaaally here for!!
I thought it would be a good idea to look back at my post from this time last year where I listed my resolutions for 2016 and see how many I actually achieved…
I had seven resolutions for 2016 which were:
- Stop biting my nails – I actually managed to achieve this!! Finally, after 19 years, I have stopped biting my nails!! They’re very weak at the moment, so they’re taking their time to grow, but I am so happy to have finally stopped biting them.
- Try harder with my blog – Well, at the beginning of the year I tried very hard with my blog, but as you can see, over the past few months, I really have let it slide.
- Be fit & healthy – I have been fit and healthy over the majority of the year, although, slipping up a little bit. Like, right now, I’ve been a right unhealthy slob over Christmas!!
- Be more organised – I feel like I have achieved this to an extent. Of course, there is always room for improvement!
- Be more chilled – I’ve definitely achieved this. At the beginning of this year I was a very highly strung person, which I admit, I still am, but I have definitely chilled a lot more out. I take things as they come and try not to stress so much about the little things anymore.
- Be more confident – I think I have achieved this to a degree. I could definitely work on being more confident. But I feel like I’ve got slightly better.
- Be happy – yep, I’ve achieved this! I am such a happier person than I was throughout 2015.
Onto a few things that have made me happy this year… (this is in no particular order!!)
- This guy. *bleeeuurrghhh cringey* hey ho! I don’t mention him much on here, but, this is George and he has been part of my life for the past 5 years, my boyfriend and best friend. Admittedly, I definitely nag him too much (I’m sorry) but he’s the best and I wouldn’t change him for the world!
2. Seeing Justin Bieber with my niece thanks to George! He bought the tickets for Christmas 2015 and it was sooo good!! There’s a post about it here.
3. Finally getting myself a professionally designed blog header! Thank you to Jemma from Dork Face.
I love that it has all the little things on it that I love, Dalmatians, Elephants, Handbags, Paris, Macaroons, Peter Pan and Glitter!!
4. Visiting The Crazy Bear Hotel with my favourite guy. George booked for us both to go there for my birthday this year. It was so lovely. There’s a huuuuge post about it here. I would so love to go again!! *hint hint*
5. One of my older sisters finally got married and I was lucky enough to be her bridesmaid! It went by in such a whirlwind but it was amazing.
6. Maga! Maga! Maga-f**king-luf!! This summer I finally went on my first girls holiday with four of my friends. It was sooo good and we even made friends!! Ha-ha! I sooo wish I could go back again.
That’s it for my round up of 2016 and I hope you enjoyed!!
2016 has been a fantastic year for me personally! Amongst the things mentioned above, I also got a new car, an Audi A3!! Which has been a dream of mine for so long!! AND I started a part time uni course!!
Stay tuned as I’ll be writing a looking forward to 2017 post in the next couple of days.
Have a Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2017!!